Monday, January 17, 2011

getting started

okay, so two years after i set up this account, i finally enter something. something to get me started, and remind me to enter something else soon. something that will get me into the process, because getting anything done is about getting started; about sitting down, or shaking hands, or simply showing up for the day. so here i am, thanks in part to Sara Ransom, with whom i have lost touch but for whom I have not lost love, and who has been keeping up with her page wonderfully and inspired me to begin again. and, also because i was recently asked to put my web site on an application for Poetry Out Loud, and I didn't have one to put on it, and have been feeling rather inadequate about the whole thing. so. here we go. 2011. Next step, to add poetry for those POL teachers who want to look up my work and contact me to come and inspire their students toward national performance.

3 comments:

  1. I hope that, in perusing my blogspot, you scrolled WAY down to the beginning -- Nov 2007, where I feature various poems or what may be sideways referred to as such. "Blowin' in the Wind" was a serious attempt. The poetics in "Clearing of the Air" ---well, take a gander at "Jabberworse." The purpose of publishing these was to lighten my approach to using the blogspot. Now, it's fun. I'll keep stopping by here on snowy evenings, and...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Ellen,

    I attended the Karen Chamberlain Festival back in March, and have been haunted ever since by a poem that was read the first day. I've hunted you down and am sure it was YOUR poem that you read and changed my perspective on my life. I was wondering if you might be willing to share it with me again? It was about the itching to find oneself by changing surroundings, and then realizing that standing still is when you can hear yourself best.

    Would love to read it again, if that's possible!

    Many thanks...
    Carlin

    ReplyDelete